Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Detroit Area between Christmas and New Years

Hey, why are you guys picking on us here in the crime capital of the Free world like that? Don't you know we are sensitive and get our feelings hurt pretty easy? Nothing official going on during that time frame that I can think of but you could allways start a running 3 gun battle in the city with one of our lovely youth organizations better known as a gang. Your probally good for a couple of days before Detroit Police gets around to thinking about investigating. If your here for New Years Eve and close to the city, grab your helmet and body armor. Every year they make a big deal on the TV news to remind people to not shoot up in the air while celebrating New Year's as bullets do have to come down. If they used tracers it would look like Bagdad circa 2001 during Shock & Awe.

Feel free to remind me right before you come to see if things have changed and if you will need your gear. Cross your fingers.

Regards,

Roy

Reminders of home sweet home, well Pontiac actually. There was an indoor range in Royal Oak on Woodward and another in Troy in an industrial complex but I don't remember the street. Michigan is now a shall issue state so maybe your CCW is acceptable.

Actually walking downtown can be a Team Multigun event. We normally add a little flair by making it an international event by inviting our Canadian bretheren to participate as well. Reactive targets, moving vehicles, bombed out buildings, fires on devils night with no fire department services what more could you ask for? Funny thing is most folks think we are kidding. That is a normal day driving through the city. 3300 murders since 2003 according the Detroit Free Press last Sunday. More people have gotten whacked here than soldiers have died over in Afghanistan in open fighting in the same period of time. With only a 45% closure rate on murder cases. And folks wonder why the body armor industry was invented here by Richard Davis.

• 2 weeks later...

Firearms Exchange(FEPS....newest club in Michigan) in Livonia will be hosting a match on December 26th at 6pm in the evening. 2-3 stages with one of them being a classifier for $15. Just an FYI................

Thanks for the heads up Roy. Just the excuse I was looking for to bring the comp gun home.

Actually walking downtown can be a Team Multigun event. We normally add a little flair by making it an international event by inviting our Canadian bretheren to participate as well. Reactive targets, moving vehicles, bombed out buildings, fires on devils night with no fire department services what more could you ask for? Funny thing is most folks think we are kidding. That is a normal day driving through the city. 3300 murders since 2003 according the Detroit Free Press last Sunday. More people have gotten whacked here than soldiers have died over in Afghanistan in open fighting in the same period of time. With only a 45% closure rate on murder cases. And folks wonder why the body armor industry was invented here by Richard Davis.

I grew up near Detroit and went to school in Flint. Is it sad that gunfire during the night no longer bothers me?

Any excuse to go shooting is a good thing. As for not being bothered by the gunfire in the night thing.......well, it just speaks volumes about our city and what you can learn to put up with these days.

Keep in touch with myself, the range itself or Brian Killam (Too Slow) here on the forum as the days get closer to your visit. Happy to help.

Roy