Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

trigger question

hal1955

My trigger pull is not that light but lighter than factory, I used a 1911 hammer spring and flattened both ends. At the time most people were using a 'D' hammer spring but that has been years ago. It's a 92FS Vertec I bought for Production before I knew better, I could not get used to the long pretravel. I tried an XD9 Tactical for awhile before moving to a G34.

• 2 weeks later...

At one point I was down to about 2.5lb SA. I don't know for sure on the DA, my gauge only went to 5, but I'd say it was in the 6-7 range. I was using a 15lb 1911 mainspring with a couple of coils cut off, plus a lot of work on the guts. Lock time was HORRIBLE so I went to a 15lb spring w.o any coils cut. Lock time was much better, my accuracy improved, and SA is right at 3lb.

I have more details on beretta forum under my user name....

-rvb

• 1 month later...

It is very easy to do, I cut 5 coils off a factory mainspring, packed a bunch of rubbing compound all moving parts fired a 200 practice round, took it home completely cleaned the gun now it has a great trigger. It will detonate all pistol primers and Remington small rifle primers.