Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

trigger question

hal1955

Yes, it is possible. Bruce Gray did it for me on an X-Five Allround. I don't fully know what it involved, but I suspect a lot of polishing and some very custom mainsprings. It was pretty amazing work, but the SA was too light for me. I now use Wolff 17-lb mainsprings, which has upped the SA pull weight to probably 3.5-4.0 lbs.

My P226 is 3.5# SA and 9# DA with an 18 hammer spring and light sear spring. I've done nothing to the sear or hammer hooks, just lots of rounds. I like it just like it is. My X-5 is similar. I don't want a 2# trigger. I just increased the trigger pull on my stock Desert Eagle 1911. It had a little under 3# and was just too light if I shot it after shooting the Sigs. I have much better trigger control at 3.5 now. Personal preference.

If you shorten the hammer stroke in DA, the total pull weight will go down but you will get lighter hammer strikes than if you leave the long stroke. I had that problem with my X-5 and put a standard trigger bar back in it so that I could use the 18 lb hammer spring.

Suggest you try the 18 hammer spring, it will help the DA trigger pull some.

Joe

as stated by Joe lots of polishing. Lighter main spring, adjusted trigger bar spring and adjusted hammer rebound spring to help with the light hits. I use federal primers with mine and its fine. Winchesters work 99 % feds 100