Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Lurker Takes the Plunge

C6 Guy

Been lurking here for a while and reading to the point that I had to increase the strenght of my cheaters!

First let me say thank you to Brian for hosting this forum and to all of those who contribute their wealth of knowledge and information.

Now off to the plunge: Convinced my wife to go with me to a local gun show a few weeks back so I could fondle various guns and see what felt good. Much to her displeasure she agreed to go along. So what happens, we end up buying Her a S&W 38 special snub, nickel plated Model 49 in excellent condition, go figure. :rolleyes: I ordered myself a Springfield 9mm XDM 5.25 package in stainless with match grade barrel and all the goodies, should arrive today! :D Got a great deal from Northern Firearms, free two day shipping and awesome customer service.

We're now signed up for a CCW class in a few weeks, which also include range instruction, who would have thunk it? Hope to get to the range to run a few rounds through the XDM prior to the class. Have a ton of questions about the various shooting games, skills, etc. but will save those for a later date. Mainly wanted to say hello and thanks to everyone here.

Thanks for the welcome guys, yeah I'm hooked and I haven't even fired a round yet!

I did receive my new XDM yesterday and can't wait to get it to the range. I also purchased three boxes of ammo from Cheaper than Dirt that should be here tomorrow. One wwb 115 gr, one Fiocchi 124 gr, an American Eagle 147 gr, all fmj's, just to see what the gun likes and what feels best, groups best etc.

Flex, I have a feeling you're right!

Convinced my wife to buying Her a S&W 38 special snub, nickel plated Model 49 We're now signed up for a CCW class in a few weeks, which also include range instruction,

C6, if your wife hasn't done any shooting yet, I'd suggest you start

her out with a .22 - preferably outside, wearing good ear protection.

When it comes time to shoot the .38 - again, outside first if you can,

with as light a load as you can find - wadcutter target ammo?

Shooting a .38 inside as a first try can make the experience negative

real fast.

You'll have a better chance of her continuing to shoot if you start her

out gradually. She'll flinch less, too, making her much more accurate:)

Good luck,

Jack

Convinced my wife to buying Her a S&W 38 special snub, nickel plated Model 49 We're now signed up for a CCW class in a few weeks, which also include range instruction,

C6, if your wife hasn't done any shooting yet, I'd suggest you start

her out with a .22 - preferably outside, wearing good ear protection.

When it comes time to shoot the .38 - again, outside first if you can,

with as light a load as you can find - wadcutter target ammo?

Shooting a .38 inside as a first try can make the experience negative

real fast.

You'll have a better chance of her continuing to shoot if you start her

out gradually. She'll flinch less, too, making her much more accurate:)

Good luck,

Jack

Jack, Thanks for the input and I agree except she has shot previously, been a while. We will be at an outdoor range and she will be shooting the instructor's 357 snub with light load 38 special ammo so should not be to intimidating, at least I hope not. Have good ear, will have her double plug, and eye protection as well. Looking forward to it and hope she's asking for the 9mm before we're done.

Thanks again,

Wayne