Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Thinking of a Saiga 12, Mossberg 930 & CZ 712

Txkid

I am looking to get in to the tactical Shotgun matches & 3 Gun, they have in my area and I am on a budget. I don’t own a shotgun now.

Anyway I love to have a M2 or the SLP but more than I want to pay

So I was looking at a Saiga 12, Mossberg 930 & CZ 712

My objective is to get a One Shotgun and be done with it so I am not looking for a starter gun,

Something as I advance (if I do, Hope so!) I have no need to switch to a different gun.

Just do some mods to the gun as needed.

Any input will help

I am looking to get in to the tactical Shotgun matches & 3 Gun, they have in my area and I am on a budget. I don’t own a shotgun now.

Anyway I love to have a M2 or the SLP but more than I want to pay

So I was looking at a Saiga 12, Mossberg 930 & CZ 712

My objective is to get a One Shotgun and be done with it so I am not looking for a starter gun,

Something as I advance (if I do, Hope so!) I have no need to switch to a different gun.

Just do some mods to the gun as needed.

Any input will help

Depends on what division you want to shoot. For Limited and Tacticalthe M2 or FN SLP is the way to go. Don't get the M2 tactical Ghostring sights and short barrels suck for this game. Ask me how I know. Get a M2 Field with a 21 ro 24 inch barrel. For open the Saiga from R&R is the king.

Pat

Little bit out of my budget and the R&R Saiga 2500+ wont help

but I think I will be shooting the Tactical or the Open.

anyway thanks for the suggestion

Edited by Txkid

Unless you only want to shoot Open, don't get the Saiga. Besides, Open is an expensive division and it sounds like that is not what you want to do. In your situation, I would probably start off with a 930 and when you the extra funds, send it to Benny Hill to get it set up right...

Of course, the SLP is ready to go out of the box. However, my favorite is a mod'ed M2 24"...

Alaska & Gug,

Thank you for your replies and looking from the poll it looks like to get a M2 Field in 24” and get it right the first time.

I was thinking if I got a 930 for $460 and later send it out to Benny to have it mod for $950 that is really more that what I want to spend

I am aware with the M2 I need to get some work done on the gun but I guess I will do what by myself whatever I can, that is the fun part of having a gun too. What I cant I well send it out.

Thanks!

I am really enjoying my M2. Basically stock with a nordic tube & I added a C Rums welded lifter. I just bought one outright from him so I wouldn't be without the gun while waiting on the extended one. The new lifter is great, haven't scraped a knuckle or dug holes under my fingernail yet.

MLM