Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

3-Gun Match, Augusta, GA 11/26/11

Oops, found a scoresheet I missed and another I entered wrong. Updated results posted.

I know it doesn't really matter since the results are shown combined, but I was using a magnified optic. It should have been written down, but I'm listed as Irons. No big deal, just wanted to let you guys know.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You pretty much kicked ass but it does make us mere mortals feel a little bit better knowing that.

If I find a need to post another update you'll be listed as Optics (and an honest guy). :)

Thanks for posting the videos, too!

Edited by High Lord Gomer

I was running a Mossberg 930 at this match. I usually run a Remington 1187 but I was trying out the Mossberg to see how I liked it. I liked how it ran. The recoil impulse is a little different than the 1187 but not bad. I am selling my 1187 and gonna either go with the 930 or a Benelli. The Mossberg is way cheaper but the Benelli is supposed to run better. So I still have some homework to do on making this choice.

I was running a Mossberg 930 at this match. I usually run a Remington 1187 but I was trying out the Mossberg to see how I liked it. I liked how it ran. The recoil impulse is a little different than the 1187 but not bad. I am selling my 1187 and gonna either go with the 930 or a Benelli. The Mossberg is way cheaper but the Benelli is supposed to run better. So I still have some homework to do on making this choice.

Cool, it would be great if the Mossy continues to perform. Think of all the shells you could buy with the extra money. I am holding out to see what the mfgs will have to offer in 2012. Be interesting to see if we could finally get an off the shelf shotty that will perform.

Cool, it would be great if the Mossy continues to perform. Think of all the shells you could buy with the extra money. I am holding out to see what the mfgs will have to offer in 2012. Be interesting to see if we could finally get an off the shelf shotty that will perform.

That would be awesome if they can make that happen. I'm not getting my hopes up though.

Here is my video from the match. We had fun. Let us know when your doing another.

:devil:

Thank you! Right now we are looking at doing 4 next year with the first one March 17th. We learnde a lot and will do better on the next one.

Any chance of you guys making it up to Greenville for the match this Saturday?

• 6 months later...

HLG, when is your next 3G in Augusta and what is the round count? :cheers:

Well to answer my own question it was today. Three fun stages, when my guns (rifle,pistol, and SG) were operating.

Thanks HLG for putting this match on.

• 2 months later...

I heard a rumor that y'all were gonna be having another 3gun match in Sept. Is this true and if so when will it be?

Big Jim , it's true . Saturday September 15. HLG is the Match Director, maybe he will chime in with details.

I think I will leave my Open stuff at home and try Iron Sights :goof:

Edited by mwx40x40

4 stages.

Stage 1: 6 hits on swinging steel at 100 yards, 1 from each of 6 positions on/through barricade.

Stage 2: 18 or 36 rifle (1AB or 2 anywhere), 16 bird shot, and 18/36 pistol

Stage 3: 3 or 6 slugs at 40 yards, 18/36 rounds rifle, and 18/36 pistol

Stage 4: 20 rounds bird shot

Recommend bringing 100-150 rounds of rifle, 100-150 of pistol, 50-75 of birdshot, and 10-15 slugs.

Sign up at 8:30, shooters meeting at 8:45, start shooting at 9, and hope to finish between 2 and 3.

$10 for Pinetucky members and active military, $20 for non-members.

Edited by High Lord Gomer

Results posted: http://csrapistol.com/MultiGun/Pinetucky_3gun_091512.htm

Thanks to everyone for coming out. We're still learning and made a few more mistakes to add to our "Don't do that $#!^ again" list:

1. Two stages on the rifle range was too much. Unless we get more bays built before the next match (Saturday after Thanksgiving) it will be 2 big, all-3 gun stages on the rifle and pistol ranges with 1 or two shotgun only stages.
  2. Many newer competitors timed out because it took them too long to reload the shotgun on Stage 2. I'll consider having less reloads on all-3 gun stages next time.
  3. Too many bonus targets on the shotgun only stage resulted in that one stage affecting the match outcome more than it should have.
  4. Too long without lunch plans. In the future if we can expect that we will go past 2:00 we will make arrangements for lunch.

Any other comments or suggestions are welcome.