Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ75 SP01 Shadow Target Spare Parts in Range Bag

Jollymon32

Thanks for the input. After giving it some thought, FO rod, Slide stop, and recoil spring may be the only parts I would feel comfortable changing at a match. Better to have a second back up pistol in the event something else broke.

Thanks for the input. After giving it some thought, FO rod, Slide stop, and recoil spring may be the only parts I would feel comfortable changing at a match. Better to have a second back up pistol in the event something else broke.

That "something else" will most likely be a a trigger-return-spring or possibly an extractor and/or extractor-spring so it's good to have those around, though you're right, changing either at a match is kind of pushing it...

Yeah, not sure I want to pack a mallet and punches as well. I have a CZ Clone that I'll take to matches just in case I have a major malfunction. As soon as I pay this one off, I'll be looking for another CZ..... What an expensive hobby....

Must-haves -- slide stop and extra FO rod and cigarette/camp lighter and knife to install another one.

I had FO rod fallout from factory Shadow sight in the middle of a USPSA stage while using the (brand new) gun for about a year.

I also carry extractor and its spring, firing pin, TRS, ALL other springs, grip screws and locking washers, mag follower, ALL pins, 2 hex keys for rear sight, mag base plate.

Cloth, Q-tips, oil, gun cleaner, Hornady One Shot Gun Cleaner & Dry Lube (to get magazines back in business after they are dropped into sand), Arredondo mag brush, CED timer, special prescription glasses cleaning cloth, extra magazine, tools, felt pens, patch tape, Scoring Overlay, flashlight etc. You may get very surprised - it all fits in $40 MidWayUSA Competition bag. Most other tools - hammer, all punches, trigger pull gauge, screwdrivers etc ride in a regular tool box along the way in the trunk of my car.

IT IS A VERY GOOD idea to have NEW slide stop 'broken-in' thou!!! Say, 1000rds on it or so? :)

Edited by CeeZer