Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

building an open top end around a Briley 9mm barrel

pivoproseem

I've purchased a 6in. Briley 9mm barrel as I would eventually like to build a top end for my .40 Limited gun, just for a way to shoot open without having to purchase another pistol. I've got a 9mm and .40 Match, too. I thought I could just buy a regular non-cone slide and have it fit with a comp then bolt on a sight to my limited and be ready to run...

If I could snag a cone slide I might go that direction, and have an adapter made by Rich at Canyon Creek...

any thoughts?

One thing to check first is the 9mm Barrels that Henning sells are for the small frame guns so if that is what you have it will not fit in a normal 40 limited sold by EAA here in the states. If that is not the case then you should be able to have the barrel fit to a new slide I dont belive that EAA sells the limited slides just the regular ones and the long ones like on a match. but either should work on your frame.

Good Luck,

Mike

the small frame barrels have a smaller Outside diamiter than the large frame ones, I dont have the measurments on hand but I know my small frame barrels wont fit in my large frame guns and vice versa. otherwise my large frame 38 super would be a 9mm for practice.

Mike

crap, oh well...

the small frame barrels have a smaller Outside diamiter than the large frame ones, I dont have the measurments on hand but I know my small frame barrels wont fit in my large frame guns and vice versa. otherwise my large frame 38 super would be a 9mm for practice.

Mike

You can order from EAA a Large frame 6" barrel in any caliber except 10MM, the 9mm i ordered took about 6 weeks to come in. Looks kind of funny with an 1 1/4" of barrel hanging out of my Match but it shoots well.

Sending it out to be cut and threaded.

Edited by david s