Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Beretta 391

EricW

Just got back from messing around at five-stand. Took my POS 1100 to try it out. After about 25 shots, I had my fill of that silly thing.

Out came the Beretta. It's light. It's whippy. You have to smooth out your mount or the front bead is going to be everywhere but where you need it. But there's just *something* about that snappy little TING! whenever trigger the shot that makes shooting it so nice.

:wub:

I bought a Beretta 391 Sporting Clays 12 gauge 30" barrel in the Optima bore at the recent Zone 4 Sporting Clays shoot. IMHO - the best Sporting Clays shotgun in the market for the money. It came with five extended Optima chokes.

• 1 year later...

Shot a Browning O/U until I started to shoot multiple tournaments each weekend then went to a Beretta 390. Ended up getting the kid a 391. Beretta makes a wonderful auto for the serious competitor. By the way my coach had me take the mag cap off of the gun and replace it with a hydraulic recoil dampener. This added weight, reduced recoil even more and smoothed out my herky, jerky mount. Haven't followed who is the main man these days but Scott Robertson was winning everything he pointed that Beretta of his at when I bought the 390. When I bought the Browning 325 Andy Duffy had just won the world shoot with one.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a gun swapper from hell. I think too many people change guns too easily and don't work through the differences very well with each new gun purchase before they try something different. A nice auto these days is awfully sweet to shoot though.

Rick