Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Anyone using Blade tech "speed rig" for G24 or 17L

diversmith

I have recently picked up both the 17L and 24 to shoot outlaw & USPSA limited and need to get a new holster that will hold them. It looks like they would be more secure than a race holster but faster then the stingray, especially with the longer slides on these 2 pistols. Anyone using this holster and if so, how do you like it? I have been very happy with all of my other Bladetech gear so I am figuring the speed rig should be good to go.

Thanks for any insight

I have been using this holster for my STI Edge Limited gun, and I really like it. It seems very secure even without a lock, and plenty fast on the draw. Good fusion of race and standard belt holster. BTW, I am using the stingray belt-loop, not the DOH.(just personal preference)

There is enough nose cover on the holster to hold the gun from moving if the butt is pushed forward. The melt into the trigger guard and the tightness of the retention screws hold the gun from coming straight up.

It isn't necessary to have kydex come all the way up to the ejection port. All that's needed is that 1" or so on the front to stop the gun from being able to tilt forward.

As far as inverting the gun. It's standard Bladetech. Adjust the retention screws until the gun is as tight or as loose as you like. You can tighten it enough to hold the gun upside down and shake it without the gun falling out.