Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Northen Cali Revolver smiths

kevin c

Looking for a revo smith in northern California - just looking for an action job and sound general advice for a 629. I don't need the gun tweaked for ICORE or IPSC, just want to lighten the DA and SA (what else?).

BTW, what weight of pull would you all recommend for target work (SA) and maybe hunting (DA)? I'm not sure I want to lighten the action to the point that only an ultrasensitve primer will work, so, something midrange?

Sorry that I am not more specific - I just have the one revo and am new to most of this.

TIA

Guest Larry Cazes

I would second the reccomendation for Charlie Granger at Guntriks. Hes not local to the bay area but is only about 1 and 1/2 hours away in Atwater.

I kind of like the opportunity to see a smith face to face, and there is also the (for me) major hassle factor of shipping a firearm. This might be an option.

Thanks for the info.

Kevin

I highly recomend Randy Lee at Apex Tactical. See Lisa Farrell article in June Blue Press.

Apex Tactical Specialties, Inc.

715-D Santa Maria Avenue

Baywood Park, CA 93402

Tel 805.528.5250

Fax 805.528.5397

rlee@apextactical.com

I would have to whole heartily agree with Hearthco on this one. Randy did one of my 627's and will be doing another, the work was excellent! Even more important to me was his customer relations, he spent a considerable amount of time on the phone with me working out exactly what I wanted, optic advice, load data and on and on. Very informative guy and more then willing to help you get what you want.

Guntriks is good. The best part is that he understands that you need the gun right away for us shooters. REAL nice guy as well. He will not take short cuts....he does things right!!

Greetings all,

Just in case anyone has been attempting to contact me via email, please try apextactical@earthlink.net.

My webhost transferred my site to a new server and for whatever reason, rlee@apextactical.com is not working.

Thanks for the complementary words guys!

See you at the IRC!

Randy

• 1 month later...

Update:

Just got my 629 (and my Limited Para as well) back from Charlie Granger (GunTriks). As advertised, he was fast, fair, reasonable, and good. The work is great, the action job is sweet. Can't wait to shoot them.

More business from me will definitely be heading down to Atwater. I just wish Charlie was more willing to ship the guns back to me (says he gets the willies thinking that something might not make it back) In all fairness, he did offer to meet me halfway btw. Atwater and Oakland to do the pickup. I should have asked him about shipping work to him (I went down with the guns the first time, just to personally meet the man who was going to put steel to my babies :P ).

Two thumbs up... :D