Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

range report on 9mm 5.25

theycallmeingot

I bought an xdm 5.25 back in mid september. when i first got it, i put 50 rounds through it and i was very close to sending it back. When dry fired, after an unload and show clear, the firing pin would stick out. this was causing failures to feed, as the next case rim was catching on it. also, the striker status indicator would sometimes stick WAY out. i found the problem to be a bur on the striker where it was partially punched looking. 30 seconds with a file and the bur was gone. i have had no such problems since.

i just put my 2000th round through it today. i've not cleaned it since i received it, and finally had a stovepipe on about round #1994. I have had no other jams of any kind except those previously stated. I have been shooting almost exclusively 147FP lead bullets over 3.4gr winchester wsf; gives me a PF of 130. This gun has proven to be very accurate with this load with very minimal leading. accuracy has yet to drop off due to the dirty barrel.

i have so far been very pleased with this gun. I dont know how i shot production without it. i guess it's about time to break the cleaning supplies out. I would be interested to read others' experiences with it.

I have a 5.25 9mm and it's a great shooting gun. I sent it to Rich at Canyon Creek for his upgrades including a .100 front sight, tightening the frame to slide fit and a trigger job. I shot it in a couple different matches and lots of practice with no malfunctions at all. I run 147gr MG with 3.4gr of titegroup and the recoil is minimal. Excellent pistol for production or IDPA ESP.

I have used my 9mm 5.25 with Springer trigger, same load as Marv, in IDPA ESP, USPSA production, and at the Rockcastle 3-gun match and it's ideal for all 3 applications. I love it. Runs great.