Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Limbsaver 10401

rexican

I just picked up a limbsaver 10401 pre-fit pad for my m1 super 90- it has the factory synthetic, non-pistol grip stock. Suprisingly (it says it will fit the m1 super 90 field), it does not fit my gun. I placed my factory buttpad up to the template and the holes are about 1/4" closer together on the limbsaver buttpad. I have factory wood stocks for it as well, buried in a closet somewhere.

was the 10400 the correct model?

I'm sorry I can't answer your question directly, but what I can tell you is my experience with Limbsaver. I bought the one for my 11-87, and like you, it did not fit at all. I called Limbsaver directly, and they verified it was not the right part. ( even though the packaging clearly states it is ). Anyway, they sent me the correct part, at no charge, and told me to just send back what I had bought in the same box. When I got the part, it was in fact the exact one I needed, so they did me right. It was a little bit of a pain to have to do that, but was nice to see they stood by their product and shipped me the correct one for free. And by the way, at no time did they ask me to send a copy of the receipt, they just took my word for it.

Good luck. ( oh, and no, I don't have the 800# i called, I think it's the same one on the website. It was on the package for the part that I bought )

Thanks CZ, I'll try giving them a call. I think it's marked correctly, because the template in the booklet is noticeably different.

Rex

That's the correct model number for the M1S90 Field. Sound like you have a tactical stock. Does it have the sling loop in the side? if so, that ID's it as a tactical stock and the 10401 will not fit. The Field and Tactical stocks have different geometry.

If your straight has a sling plate in the middle of the stock you don't have a "field stock"

That is the straight tactical version.

Your only real option assuming that is the stock you have is a grind to fit recoil pad.

Good luck

Thanks, that answers my question. I have the "tactical" straight stock with the sling plate in the middle on it right now. I had incorrectly assumed that the tactical stock was the pistol grip version. Luckily I have that extra set of what I assume are wood "field" stocks so it won't go to waste. (look at what assuming got me the first time :D )

Are y'all using a limbsaver-type pad on your tactical stocks, or am I being a wimp?

I just put a limbsaver on my m1 S90 tactical straight stock. You need to use the model 10112 (actually designed for a Rem 700 variant) but it requires a little work. The shape of the pad is almost the same as the stock, but not a perfect fit. The holes will not line-up so you will need to drill new ones in the pad to match the stock. It's a little extra effort, but the limbsaver was probably the best shooting accessory purchase I have ever made. It is 100x more comfortable than the hard plastic thing that Benelli calls a recoil pad on the M1. It has made the gun so much more enjoyable to shoot. I can post pictures later if you want to see what it looks like, but the not so perfect fit is not noticeable unless you are looking for it. Get one - there is nothing wimpy about being smart.

Thanks, that answers my question. I have the "tactical" straight stock with the sling plate in the middle on it right now. I had incorrectly assumed that the tactical stock was the pistol grip version. Luckily I have that extra set of what I assume are wood "field" stocks so it won't go to waste. (look at what assuming got me the first time :D )

Are y'all using a limbsaver-type pad on your tactical stocks, or am I being a wimp?

Rex, if you want you can call me and a satisfactory attachment is available. I have the same SG, and it takes a bit of know how but what you have will work without going to the wooden stocks.

pm me and I'll get you contact info, I'm in Austin every third day.

Trapr