Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Scholastic Steel Challenge

jriera

I am trying to find out if any SSC activities happen in Southern Nevada and if not try to organize something.

I have wrote to USPSA (SSC section) but I have not hear anything back...

Any 'reliable' contact information that I should address my questions??

I am trying to find out if any SSC activities happen in Southern Nevada and if not try to organize something.

I have wrote to USPSA (SSC section) but I have not hear anything back...

Any 'reliable' contact information that I should address my questions??

Good deal, and thank you for your efforts!

We need to keep our sport growing.

I am surprised that Karl up above from GT targets didn't mention this, but you can get a grant for up to $4,000 to buy steel targets for Scholastic Steel Challenge.

The grant is from the NRA, and the way it was presented to me or the way it sounded was the NRA would bend over backwards to get kids interested/involved in anything gun related.

I didn't write the grant paperwork or fill out whatever application is involved. Another guy in my club did.

Thanks for the info, I will check it out.

I am an NRA instructor and I have some kids asking me about Steel Challenge-type of activities aside from the traditional pistol and rifle.

I will give Kim a call tomorrow morning.

If all else fails, contact your Area Director and you will get action. HQ has been quite busy with the wrap up of the season and MG nationals, however, I am certain that a request for SSC assistance would never be intentionally overlooked.

Also, I believe there are still some guns available to be issued to SSC teams, plus some very good pricing on ammo.

I know how busy they are, I talked with Kim a bit at the Shoot Show (I usually volunteer at the USPSA booth), I just have not manage to follow up.

On my agenda to call her tomorrow.

Edited by jriera

Hello, That is why I posted Scott's email address, he has all the info on grants & discounts from the SSC sponsors. I will call and email Scott and try to help get the process moving. I will see Scott in a couple weeks at the SSC event at Sig Acd. Later, Karl @ GT

Hey Jordi, Scott at SC just called me and wants to contact you. He was on vacation and has a ton of emails to go thru. Email me asap so I can give Scott your contact info. can you include a phone number too?

later, karl @ GT