Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

??USPSA PASSWORD

wgnoyes

The prior topic was closed :ph34r: before the following could be added from Rob on the guestbook. I've taken the liberty of repeating it here:

Rob Boudrie - L1571 5/19/04 11:54:47 PM

Email: rob@boudrie.com

Currently, there members area is protected by a general password, and posting to the gustbook/forums requires user specific passwords. Once I have a bit of time, I'll configure it so that you use your personal password for everything.

The prior topic was closed :ph34r: before the following could be added from Rob on the guestbook. I've taken the liberty of repeating it here:

Rob Boudrie - L1571 5/19/04 11:54:47 PM

Email: rob@boudrie.com

Currently, there members area is protected by a general password, and posting to the gustbook/forums requires user specific passwords. Once I have a bit of time, I'll configure it so that you use your personal password for everything.

The stumbling block is adding per-user authentication to the apache server which will work with the scheme we have (non-variant pins, with the issues from the two most recent Front Sights valid at any time, plus a user-set password). The Apache mysql_auth module comes close, but isn't exactly what I need. So... once I re-write that Apache extension and install it on the web sever, I can get started on this.

Also, I will be setting things up so there is still a more general "sharable" password for match results, so we will still be able to give newcomers access to the results

area before their first Front Sight arrives.

I confused.

The old password...that was saved in my computer...quit working recently. That was fine. It was old. I just opened up a recent copy of Front Sight and got the newer password.

But, what is this individal password stuff about?

Flex,

Your personal password is printed on your Front Sight mailing label, and this is used to identify you, if and when you make a posting to the member's guestbook and/or place an ad in the classifieds. The password is tied to your membership number, so it prevents fraudulent "identity theft" postings, which have occurred in the past.

For general access to, and browsing of the member's pages (not posting), you just need the global user name & password, which is visible at the bottom of the first page of each Front Sight under "Directors and Officers". For a while, there were two user name/passwords in effect, however the old one has now been disabled, and that's probably the one you had stored as a cookie in your PC.

And poor old Rob is still working on the secret handshake, but I believe it involves rubbing a dab of crunchy peanut butter on your pinkie ;)