Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Duke Med Center

Rufus The Bum

Just because a military veteran spent some time living at the expense of others doesn't give him the right to live at the further expense of others.

You lost me again, Erik.  Are you saying that a man who got his legs blown off while serving his country is not entitled to be taken care of by that country?  Are you saying that a man whose kidneys failed after 30 years of toting around shrapnel in them, shrapnel caught while serving his country, is not entitled to be taken care of by that country?

Is THAT what you are saying?

I was following right along with you on the income tax = slavery thing, and the income tax = extortion thing, but you lost me with the vets = greedy ticks on the buttocks of the country part (to paraphrase slightly, of course).

And I haven't had a reply yet from my sources, sorry for the delay.  As an aside, even if the hospital was "donating" the time and space, we all pay for it in higher fees as they spread the cost around.

Illegal alien: "not according to or authorized by law" + "a foreign-born resident who has not been naturalized and is still a subject or citizen of a foreign country."  It is not as you call it", it is the correct term for someone not legally in this country.  As her family bribed their way across our insanely porous border from Mexico, "illegal alien" or just "illegal" is an accurate descriptor.

Alex

(Edited by Wakal at 11:37 am on Feb. 25, 2003)

EriK, watch the first few scenes of Saving Prvt Ryan and then tell us that those US soldiers don't deserve the life long health care they were promised when they enlisted.  Think about the debt we owe all Vets when we go out and enjoy our sport.

I heard two news broadcasts mention that a 'private fund' actually paid for the first surgery, but have no proof.  As Dr. Dean said 'the hospital screwed up, not the surgeon.'  Somebody way down the food chain screwed up and transposed, misfiled, misplaced, mistyped,  or miswrote the blood type.  The surgeons don't personally do the blood typing, but yet the head surgeon personally accepted responsibility.  WOW! In today's civil suit happy legal system I'm impressed.