Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Oregon's ARPC Veteran Benefit Matches May 26 & 27 2012

We will have 2 plaque matches on Memorial Day weekend at Albany Rifle and Pistol Club in Oregon. May 26th will be a 6 stage Practical Rifle Match and the 27th is a 6 stage Practical Shotgun Match. All net proceeds will go to Veteran based charities. Cost will be $85 per match and includes a great catered BBQ after each event. Website (still under construction) is WWW.arpcveteranbenefit.info Looks like we will have some great stages and we will announce them when the sponsors are confirmed. In preparation for our Sept 11 monthly Multi-Gun Match I found a DOD website that listed our casualties since 9-11-01. From 9-11-01 to 10-13-11 we have lost 6277 killed and 46,664 wounded. That was all the motivation I needed to turn thought into action. I hope we can help show our support by making this a great weekend. Brian

• 2 weeks later...

After researching various wounded Veteran related charities we have chosen "Homes For Our Troops" as the beneficiary of our 2 matches. Their website is www.homesforourtroops.org. They are supportive of shooting sports (not all are). They build accessible homes for severely wounded Veterans. Each home is designed for the specific needs of the Veteran. Another great thing about them is since their inception in 2004, 92% of revenues goes directly to building. 8% for administration fees and fundraising is about the lowest out there. I know we would all like it to be 100% but that is unrealistic. I am confident they are serving our Veterans well. Brian

• 1 month later...

I am pleased to announce that Robert Wright from R&R Targets has stepped up to sponsor our 6 stage Practical Shotgun Match to benefit wounded Veterans on Sunday May 27th, 2012. Thanks Robert! The website is up at My link. Registration is open and the form is on the website. There will be 4 shotgun divisions: Open, and it is, Box Fed, Semi and pump. There is also a 6 stage Practical Rifle Match the day before. This a great cause and a perfect way to warm up for the Summer shooting season. If you have any questions email me at Email me Thanks, Brian

• 2 months later...

If you are looking for a great way to warm up for the upcoming 3 gun season and live in the Pacific Northwest we still have openings for our Wounded Veteran Benefit matches. Knock the rust off your rifle and shotgun and work the kinks out of your gear with 2 days of focused shooting. Our matches follow basic 3 gun rules and allow you to focus on rifle skills on Saturday and your shotgun on Sunday. The matches start roughly 10 days before Ironman so you can be sharp for the marathon in Parma. We are using new double pigeon flippers from R&R Targets that you will also experience at the Northwest Multigun Challenge in July. All net proceeds go to help severely wounded Veterans as well. If you own a Saiga but don't want to shoot open, we have a special divison for you. The Box Fed division is for the Saiga or other magazine fed shotguns with no optics or comp modifications. Visit My link for more information and the registration form.

• 1 month later...

What started out as plaque matches now have $10000+ in prize table support! Thanks to STS Arms, Crimson Trace Lasers, R&R Targets, Ergo Grips, Schuemann Barrels, Philomath Guns, Bo-Mack's BBQ, Geissele Automatics, I-Squared Night Vision, Next Generation Arms, Brownells, Sierra Bullets, Altama Boots, Timney triggers, ATI, Accu-Shot, Otis, Elzetta, Laughing Rabbit, Dura-Coat, M-Pro7, Extreme Beam, Birchwood Casey, Sentry Solutions, Higher Capacity, Sentry Solutions, C&M Targets, UniqueTek and Flying Cloud Trading Post so far!

Our Benefit Match beneficiary, Homes For Our Troops, has chosen Marine Sgt Joshua Sweeney as the next recipient for a specially adapted home to be built in Hillsboro, Oregon. He was severely wounded in Afghanistan on October 28th, 2009. All net proceeds from our matches will go toward building his home. Shoot a match, help a Vet. Sounds like a winning combination! 6 stage Rifle match round count- 136 + dark house. 6 stage Shotgun match 117 + dark house. Stages will be on the website soon. Registration My link Come on out and enjoy a beautiful Oregon Weekend and help a truly deserving Veteran.

Hey Brian, the stages look great! This should be a good tune up for the ironman and a good cause to boot! I heard there is still room?

Thanks! Yes we still have 20 openings for the rifle match and 30 for the shotgun match. Just added a Sig Sauer pistol for the shotgun match prize table courtesy of Philomath guns! Great to have you in the match. See you in 5 weeks. Brian

Should be a good match, I'm shooting both days. Great tune up for Ironman!

Doug

Thanks for helping support our wounded Veterans Doug. That 17 second run you made yesterday looked pretty "tuned" to me! The steel in Parma will quake at the mention of your name :bow:

Calling all Saiga and Akdal owners! If you have a Saiga or Akdal you don't compete with it because it bumps you to open we have a division just for box fed shotguns. No optic, no comp and 12 round max mags. I know there are more in the Pacific NW than the 3 we have registered so far. Dust that puppy off and bring it on out! :sight:

• 1 month later...

I want to thank everyone who supported our matches. Running two matches back to back was a challenge but it went well. Scores are completed and will be posted as soon as we can convert them to a format my website will work with! Congratulations to Chuck Anderson who won both matches! I will try to get them up tomorrow before I leave for Ironman. We will let everyone know how much we raised when I get back and all the bills are accounted for. I think we did pretty good but I want to give an accurate account. There were so many people who stepped up to support our events. One gentleman sponsored 6 slots which we gave out to some very deserving competitors. One of them was a young girl who had a Cheshire Cat grin most of the day. She did tell her dad that if he bought any more high base slugs, she was going to slug him! The BBQ dinner was a hit at the Expo Center in Albany. Rifle Match Sponsor STS Arms gave us 2K worth of Cerakote certificates for the prize table, supplied 2 SBRs for the dark house and the full auto AR for the Zombie shoot. R&R Targets supplied steel targets and the 13" Saiga shotgun for the dark house. The dark house sponsors were great! Crimson Trace, STS Arms, R&R Targets, I-Squared Night Vision Wholesale Sports and Double Tap Ammo. I especially want to thank Pete Lesbo with I-Squared Night Vision. Pete is a very special person. Always fun to be around, very smart and incredibly kind to let us wear thousands of dollars of his gear to run around in the dark with! If you are contemplating night vision please give Pete a shout. Accu-Shot's one shot challenge was one by Jeff Capellen. We raffled the Sig Sauer P522 pistol donated by Philomath Gun Shop and it was won by Jodi Herrling from Emagine Marketing Solutions. I set out to accomplish three things when I started these matches. Raise money for Marine Sgt Joshua Sweeney's home in Hillsboro Oregon, have a safe match and to have fun. It appears we accomplished those goals. Thanks for supporting our Wounded Veterans and I am already getting requests to do it again. As Meatloaf would say, "Let me sleep on it"