Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shadows standard fiber optic

Loki999

Last week i've been shooting the World Shoot in Rhodes.

Lot's of difficult shots and very bright sunlight, i've been shooting my shadow now for 7 weeks.

What i noticed was that my shots on paper are low and the shots on steel are often to high.

I guess there is a different point of inpact when you aim with the FO then when you are using the outlines of the sights. At some point i was putting the FO al little above the lowest line of the rearsight and this worked for shots on close plates, but when schooting plates further away i had to use a different point of aim, a litte higher on the plate.

Does this sound familiar to you? And do you use a different point of aim during a stage? I personaly like to shoot small steels with the outlines and for paper and big steels i use the FO for faster pick up.

I've orderder a new front sight whith the smaller FO.

it sounds like you're switching your point of aim back and forth resulting in the two different point of impacts. you may be complicating things by doing two different things at the same time.

i don't use two sight pictures. if you can already use the outlines to aim, try switching to a plain front black sight. dawson precision makes a .170" tall front sight that is also narrowed. for me it is very fast and no fiber optic to get in the way. it takes a minute to get used to it, but in the end i was much faster with it.

one sight picture, one point of aim, one point of impact.

note that everyone's eyes are different, so your mileage may vary.

I do the same thing high on small steel low on paper good to know I'm not the only one.

Yes me too but i think we are realy complicating things for ourselfs.

Burningsquirrels is right, one sight picture, one point of aim, one point of impact.

Will change to that.

Thanks again

Most people shooting 124gr or 147gr bullets switch to 6.0mm front sight on the gun.

It's also well worth spending half a day and 300+rds or so shooting targets at 10yards and then 25 yards just to see where you print...

Shoot, next World's should be in FL - I sooo wanna go/make it!! Send me some $$$ :D :D

Edited by CeeZer