Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Bullet Feed Gravity Tube

I have a case feeder on the way from Brian for my 650XL, and I ordered an RCBS Bullet die from Optics Planet yesterday.

I plan on using the bullet die as a gravity feed tube that can hold a dozen or so bullets util I can tool up a vibratory bowl feeder to feed the bullets.

Anybody else do this?

Edited by LLDJR

RCBS will not sell me a Bullet Die Guide, because they don't want people making DIY bullet feeders. That's just Crazy, they should not sell the die if they are going to sell you the Guide, or put a disclaimer on the Bullet Die.

Now they've done it, I will make my own Bullet Guide, and I wont be shy about sharing my solution either....

I will machine a Bullet guide on the lathe in a day or two that will slip into the Bullet die,

And I ordered a length of Acrylic tube,, I only want to make it @ 18"-24" tall,

All I want to do is drop bullets in by hand into the tube every so often.

Once the Bullet guide is done, I will know what to do for other caliber sizes and I can put a program in the CNC and make them very quick and pretty cheap if I wanted to.

• 3 weeks later...

I have a hornady .40 feed die and a piece of copper pipe fits into the top 3/8 id i think. Its stout enough to handle bullets inside. As I shoot 90% lead i have not played with it all that much. It does work better with at least 5-6 bullets in the tube/die as the weight helps push them out. I have some lead bullets without a groove on the way and im going to try again with lead.

I got on the lathe and bored a hole into a piece of aluminum that was .468 ID for my .45 SWC bullets and put it into the top of the RCBS die, works like a charm,,, I only wanted to load 8-10 bullets in the tube, I don't need 30 or 40 , so it worked perfectly for me.

Edited by LLDJR