Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Bolt on shotgun sights for beginner 3G

Purchased a Remington 1100 back in 1982. It has a 24" Hastings vent rib barrel. I've put at most two boxes of dove loads through it. I'm thinking it might make a decent "beginner" shotgun for 3 gun

Has anyone successfully used either of the following bolt-on sights for 3-Gun?

Or is there something even better out there?

TRU-POINT XTREME SHOTGUN SIGHT SET

http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/pid=26890/Product/TRU-POINT-XTREME-SHOTGUN-SIGHT-SET

Williams Fire Sight Set Universal Vent Rib "Slugger" Shotgun

http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct/?productNumber=671251

Thanks.

I've come full circle on this. I think.... :unsure:

I still have a set of the William's FireSights in the package sitting on the shelf.

Having just started to dabble in skeet and sporting clays, and then having to go the eye doctor who then told me I was actually left eye dominant, I think I will be taking the William's fiber optic front off my 1100 Tactical. I have two 1100's.

At one point I was so ga-ga eyed over shotgun sights that despite Kurt's and Trappr's advice, I went ahead and bought the LPA ghost ring rears. I never did install them though.

Anywhooo...my point being, with my limited experience shooting skeet and sporting clays is...

cheek on the stock!

cheek on the STOCK!

CHEEK ON THE STOCK!

and sight down the danged rib and use the bead if I have to.

there is a good video of the AMU guys doing shotgun reloads on YouTube. On one of the Benelli's, I spied something that looked like a little metal tube or hoop that was attached to the rib.

If I was going to tinker around with something shotgun sight wise, that is what I would go with. I actually took a screenshot of it, and have the pic saved to my photobucket.

All of the civilian guys who went and shot Benning that year said that the AMU guys used that rear hoop or tube sight with great skill and effect.

you could probably do a search of my screenname and "sights" or "ghost" for a keyword and find those old threads of mine.

I still have a set of the William's FireSights in the package sitting on the shelf.

Having just started to dabble in skeet and sporting clays, and then having to go the eye doctor who then told me I was actually left eye dominant, I think I will be taking the William's fiber optic front off my 1100 Tactical. I have two 1100's.

At one point I was so ga-ga eyed over shotgun sights that despite Kurt's and Trappr's advice, I went ahead and bought the LPA ghost ring rears. I never did install them though.

Anywhooo...my point being, with my limited experience shooting skeet and sporting clays is...

cheek on the stock!

cheek on the STOCK!

CHEEK ON THE STOCK!

Having never shot slugs I assumed that iron sights were recommended. Do most (or even some) have success shooting slugs with just a white bead at the end of the rib?

I'll see if I can find those old posts.

Thanks Chills.

Shoot slugs through mine with the Bead sight just fine. I find the bead much easier to use for clays(especially arial) and steel. Around here probibally 99percent of the shots are with shot so bead just works best for me. I do come from a shotgun background so very use to the bead. I would try it out and see how you do with the bead first with different slugs

cheek on the stock!

cheek on the STOCK!

CHEEK ON THE STOCK!

Having never shot slugs I assumed that iron sights were recommended. Do most (or even some) have success shooting slugs with just a white bead at the end of the rib?

I'll see if I can find those old posts.

Thanks Chills.

You can shoot slugs fairly well with a bead sight and a vent rib.

ShotgunslugwithM2.jpg