Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Leupold Prismatic DCD Zero and setup?

carbon9

A Leupold Prismatic with DCD reticle is arriving tomorrow early afternoon(crossing fingers for UPS), many thanks to boomfab :cheers: I am only going to have a 3 hour window tomorrow to mount and sight it in. I am open to all suggestions based on your experiences. Should I zero at 100, 200 or 300 yards? Does either of the two outer circles coincide with another distance at any of the previously mentioned distances for a hold over point/BDC reference point? For example if I zero the dot at 100 yards and the bottom of the inner circle happens to be a 500 yard zero.... Should I use the mount it comes with and keep the illumination or should I use a Larue LT150(1.7" tall)mount I have sitting around instead and run it un-illuminated, is either one more beneficial or more solid? How far forward is everybody running their's? Any other tips/pointers are appreciated.

Thank you for your help.

See this thread, has some good info on the pris starting at about post #6. Post #15 has great info from a top pris shooter, maybe the top pris shooter?

My link

From the thread:

As far as holdovers go - with a 200 yard zero, I hold low on 50-150, dead on at 0-50 & 150-200, and high at 200-320 (Either the top of the plate or the bottom of the flasher depending on target size and distance). From 320-500, I start where I think it will hit and walk the rounds vertically up onto the target (And when it comes back with a knob, that's the range I'll start clicking it to avoid dumping ammo).

I'm sure Leupold would give you the reticule dimensions but, it is mighty lonely between the bottom of the dot and the top of the ring.

If this thing had a drop reticule, it would be sick!

Edited by Nuke8401

Thank you for the tips, guys. 200 seems to be what most people have zeroed for, didn't know if anybody had success with a different zero. I already made up some of your ingenious targets, ready to go. Thank you for the help :cheers:

This may be for DyNo or Casman,

Being an iron shooter I use a 300 zero based on KurtM.

Seems like a 300 zero with the pris would be easier than a 200?

Just wondering why you chose 200 over 300.

Man I wish Leupold would put a CM-R2 on the pris cut off at 600m.

David E

Just wondering why you chose 200 over 300.

For me it's mostly for familiarity.

You could run a 300 yard zero with a Pris and have no problems but since the lower part of your sight picture is unobstructed, you have more options in my opinion.