Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CNN AWB Poll

Hi guys,

There's yet another CNN Poll in respect of the Assault Weapons Ban.

I don't know how useful voting in this polls will be, but I guess we've got nothing to lose by selecting "Lifted" and clicking the Vote button.

Non-Americans should also vote.

Gee, it's such a fair and balanced article. 10 paragraphs, 9 of which are all about banning assault weapons. I guess I should feel honored that CNN dedicated one sentence to not address the opposing arguments.

Maybe it calls for a reaction like:

ON: Rival rallies argue gun laws

This is a typical biased (one sided) article. It is publishing cheap retoric, preventing the real problems to be addressed. It only gives people "surface" information and no back ground at all.

For instance the Washington sniper, who was a mental basket case after his service-time. Did he not have a criminal record?

Magazine capacity reduction is rediculous where all previous laws are neglected. So who is going to enforce these new extra laws?

Nobody asks who is responsible there. Most probable it takes to must costly reporter time.

For what the record is appearantly worth, criminals are not allowed guns by law! So the purpose of new / extra laws is just a smokescreen for failing to uphold the existing laws.

Politicians have a job funding law-enforcment, don't they want to cut back every time?

Where school-shooting are concerned, most of the time the parents are careless / negligent, are the addressed on their responsibility.

Most of the time these tragidies are known before. Where is the responsibility?

Moral decay leads to these exesses, not lack of laws. When is that addressed?

No guns at all? An unarmed society has only criminals and government armed.

Statistics in the UK show an increase of 400% in handgun crimes after banning (licenced!) handguns.

What's next, licenced baseball bats, meat-knives?

When are cars going to be banned? They are responsible for far more tragedies.

Never because everybody has one and economically it is unfeisable.

John