Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What do you think of the new IPSC Shotgun Open rules?

3-Gun Sweden

Right, and eventually...pigs WILL fly !!! It's just evolution. laugh.gif

Hot wings and bacon in one convenient package. :goof:

I can't wait!

I just had a sad thought... that would likely be outlawed, in a protectionist move to preserve the status quo. :(

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Therein lies the rub and motivation to align the rules. Either do it or separate completely. The chaos of the regulations between the two governing bodies are not conducive to it's members or the sport. So what is best for the Sport?

Therein lies the flaw in your logic. USPSA and IPSC already do have separate rule books. The USPSA rule book split from the IPSC rule book in 2008. IPSC is an international sanctioning body that USPSA is affiliated with. We run an IPSC Nationals to stay in IPSC's good graces. Everything else in the US is run under USPSA Rules. Yes the organizations are affiliated, but the rules are different, just like USPSA and SCSA. SCSA is run under USPSA, but has it's own rules, because running a Steel Challenge match with USPSA rules would be illegal, and frankly, dumb.

20,000 USPSA members shoot in the US. Significantly less than 1000 compete internationally. The options are, essentially, 1. Scrap the USPSA rule book in favor of the IPSC rule book and allow IPSC complete control over how matches in the US. 2. Completely separate from IPSC and just run as USPSA without international sanction or the ability for members to participate internationally without being a member of a separate organization. 3. Continue with the status quo. Members in the US use the USPSA rule book and don't worry about IPSC rules unless they want to participate internationally or in the IPSC US Nationals. I'm not seeing a down side to scenario three. IPSC is not going to adopt USPSA rules. We tried for years. They won't. And they get further and further each passing year. Since IPSC won't budge and the US with one vote can't sway that would you prefer went to IPSC? Or dumped any affiliation with them?

I think your option 3 is the way to go, unless and until a significant number of other IPSC regions start thinking as the US does. The fallout of the recent rifle and shotgun changes will be interesting to watch in that regard.