Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Introduction

JBZ12

I am a full-time teacher, part-time police officer and, even though I was the "firearms award" winner from my academy class 10 years ago I feel that my handgun skills could/should be significantly better. This seemed like a good place to look.

I initially got involved in practical shooting (USPSA matches) as a means to improve and maintain a level of proficiency consummate with my daily carry reality. So far I have not been disappointed and have in fact been impressed with the level of high-speed, safe, accurate gun handling I've achieved. Besides being taught what to do, it's cool to know you can do it safely and efficiently. You'll learn a total of NOTHING here related to Tactics. What you can learn is a level of gun handling recognized or demonstrated no where else.

Is there anything about that which you can tell me would not be useful on the job?

;)

Welcome! I too am a police officer and thought I was a pretty sporty handgun shot until I started shooting matches, and then found out I was extremely mediocre. I have learned a lot from the match shooters, and the guys on this forum.

Edited, because I can spell, but don't type very well.

Edited by Biloxi23