Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Visiting Hackensack NJ for a week or so

Bally

Dear all,

I'm visiting Hackensack NJ from Australia for a week or so, and I was wondering if there is anywhere to go and have a shot with a range pistol or other as I will not be transporting a gun with me. In fact I am looking for suggestions where to pick up some gear, (range bag/timer) etc as they are sooooooo over priced by the time they hit Australia.

Appreciate any help, and yes this is my first post, sorry if that seems a bit take and no give, but such is life sometimes :)

Cheers

Depending upon how long you will be around...

There are three matches in NJ, 1st Saturday and 2nd & 4th Sundays. For either of the latter two, i would be happy to set you up with a rig to shoot one of our matches. On Oct 1st, I will be shooting an Action Steel Match.

Also, if you just want to shoot anything rather than USPSA, theres a WHOLE bunch more shooting, and lots of people willing to bring extra gear for you to shoot with. If so, njgunforums.com will probably have the most complete answer as what will be available within the right driving distance at the right time if you ask. It also has more local vendors than I new existed, so a good place to ask about the shopping as well.

Thanks to both of you for your quick replies.

Jim first, very generous and much appreciated, I will be around on the 2nd Sunday, I have no idea yet if I will be able to take advantage of your offer, but if it looks like I can I will let you know with a PM with plenty of advanced notice. If not, that is still a very kind offer to make to a stranger and I appreciate more than you know. Just shows further that this was the right forum to join. Either way, if you are ever in Australia, send me a note and I will buy you are beer if you are within driving distance.

Raz-0, thank you too, good info I will go and chase them up as you suggest, take care out there both of you

Cheers