Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

cracked grip on SVI framed gun

fastarget

Yes, Rich has a good reputation.........however Speed shooters does not have a grip to fit the old sv frames and quoted 6-8 weeks before they are in inventory........so , I may fit the gun with a temporary polymer grip, I would epoxy this one, but since it is broken on both sides I am not going to.

There wasn't much that had to be done on Jon's grip to frame fitting, it took more time to fit the thumb shield than the grip/frame. You just don't force them on, go slow and remove a little at a time and they will fit up nicely.

Rich

The other side of the picture Jon posted.

post-1700-0-26512000-1317078741_thumb.gi

Rich, Jon

Thanks for the info, you gents have been great. From the looks of the curve, looks like I need a safety from SVI or possibly stay with the signature grip without the high hold?, the safety has to be active since the gun is used twice a month for IDPA type matches as well, am I correct about that?

Rich, from what you noted, I can order direct from the infinity website and fit it carefully?

Unless you are going to go to major IDPA matches, don't bother with a working grip safety.

best to keep things on the up and up anyway, two area matches a month, and a couple of state matches a year.

IC, in that case SVI makes pivoting and non-pivoting grip safeties for the signature grip. Some material would probably have to be removed from the grip to make it light enough for IDPA. An aluminum magwell and MSH would probably be needed. Is the slide tri-topped?

Unless you are going to go to major IDPA matches, don't bother with a working grip safety.

best to keep things on the up and up anyway, two area matches a month, and a couple of state matches a year.

IC, in that case SVI makes pivoting and non-pivoting grip safeties for the signature grip. Some material would probably have to be removed from the grip to make it light enough for IDPA. An aluminum magwell and MSH would probably be needed. Is the slide tri-topped?

The new grips with the mobius cut out were made to be lighter and in accordance to IDPA weight limit. That's what Brandon told me. So If you plan on ordering a new metal grip and IDPA is your game, think about it.

Interesting info, I knew about the alum msh and magwell, but not about the mobius cut......

I have a gun on order with Brandon to replace the current one , he did not mention the grip cut to try and keep the weight down, only that he may have to use a short guide rod, I prefer the full length rod myself...

no the current gun does not have the slide tri-toped........

• 10 months later...

Interesting info, I knew about the alum msh and magwell, but not about the mobius cut......

I have a gun on order with Brandon to replace the current one , he did not mention the grip cut to try and keep the weight down, only that he may have to use a short guide rod, I prefer the full length rod myself...

no the current gun does not have the slide tri-toped........

What do the guns look like now?