Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Miculek Comp ?

JMIS

I just added a Miculek Comp to my AR. What is the best way to set it up?

Ports - top - bottom

or

Right - Left?

Any info please.

:cheers:

If you shoot in Tac Scope and are any good. Ports go down, definately. :sight:

Ports go up for everyone else. I index comps vertivally, like with my scope. Tuning it takes a little experience. I'd just go staight up to start with and at some point, spend some time learning about indexing.

Jeremy,

Based on Jerry’s Carbine CD,

Ports left and right, kind of.

You will notice the ports are not evenly spaced (looking at the end of the comp) and you should have the ports "pointing up", the space between the port should be smaller on top than on the bottom. This pushes the barrel down just a bit in addition to fighting recoil.

On Jerry's carbine CD he says that for most shooters clocking to 1:00 for right handers or 11:00 for lefthanders offsets the effect of your weak hand grip.

So for me, right hander, the ports are roughly 1:30 to 5:00, and 7:00 to 11:30.

Make any sense?

I'm used (am using) this comp at the AR15 PRO AM, I think you commented on the video.

David

Edited by Nuke8401

I have what I think is an older Armalite comp on an Armalite gun although I don't see it in their current line up. The three angled ports are set level to the ground and work great. There is no reason to consider clocking it.

if you are the experimenting kind... I perceive a softened impulse by opening up the rear wiper of the Miculek comp... bore thru the comp threaded boss and the rear most wiper with the minimum diameter drill for 1/2 x 28... (not at the shop so you'll have to look it up), thread the rest of the comp boss 1/2 x 28... you can dispose of the jam nut, and clock the comp with crush washers, shims, or face off the end of the comp