Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Hi from South Africa

1911aow

Hi from South Africa!

I am a dedicated IPSC shooter from South Africa who have been lurking around and learning from the forum for a long time.

Glad to be part of the community at last. Thank you to all on here for sharing their experiences and knowledge and hope to be able to share some of my own with everybody here as well.

Currently participate in IPSC Production division using a CZ 75B, and eagerly awaiting the proposed Classic Division (similar to USPSA single stack).

Good shooting!

I live in work in the capitol, Pretoria, and was lucky enough to participate in the World Shoot in Pietersburg ( now called: Polokwane). One of the best matches I have ever attended.

The Firearms Control Act remains a serious headache to all in SA, there has been some improvements to the system, but it seems its always 1 step forward and 2 steps back...

I was lucky enough to also participate in the World Police and Fire Games event held in Vancouver, BC in 2009. Beautifull country and friendly people. Had a great time in Canada!

• 1 month later...

Yes, the Firearms Control Act has been so effective at disarming the population that South Africa now has the largest migration of skilled people outside of a war zone. Hell, there are 10,000 of us in Calgary, Canada alone. But, hey, welcome to the forum from an expat and an ex-SAP member (1984-1989).