Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

American Shooters Edge Rangebag?

ALF

Yes, I have an opinion on the bag but since I wrote the article my opinion may be a bit biased. I took it to the Area 8 match a couple of weeks ago and really appreciated the size of the bag as I used it as my carry on for the plane. It had allmost all my clothes in it since the gun/gear/cleats/rig/ammo is near 50 lbs all by themselves. The bag worked great and fit with no problems in the planes smaller overhead bins compared to a lot other bags/backpacks other people had with them. I love the fact that if you set it down on wet grass or equipment tables, you don't have to worry about dragging around a bag with a wet bottom all day like I used with another manufacturers bag. I don't have to worry about drying the bottom out when I get home and I don't have to worry about getting wet on my jersey when I pick up the bag because the bottom soaked up so much water like my other bag used to do. I thought at first that I couldn't fit all my gear in the bag since I am kinda a packrat when it comes to match day. You kow what happens if you don't bring something, you will absolutely need it just because you didn't bring it. I pack 2 indentical SV limited pistols, 10 mags, 300-400 rounds of .40ammo, ear protection, 2 sets of Gargoyle shooting glasses with different colored lenses, mag brush, rule book, overlays, first aid kit (you would be amazed how many people don't have one and need something from it), spare parts kit, 1911 tool, set of allen wrenchs, pens, CED timer, candy bars, a couple bottles of gatorade, a diet pepsi, folded up rain jacket somedays, towel and a large camera with multiple lenses when I am at a match I am writing an article on. And it all fits with no problems.

Sam called me last week and said he sold 60 bags in the first week after the article came out. You can even customize the bag with some stichwork for a small fee. Standard bag is just under $100 which is a great price. I have been using mine now for the entire season (9 major level III match's) and it has held up great. Couldn't be happier.

Regards,

Roy