Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Basic Movements

Too_Slow

Here is a stage I made up. Let me know what you think of it; Please!!!

Looks like a great exercise, but you can't dictate shooting order or position in a long field course.

You could put a barrel with a prop on each end, and have shooters move each prop from one barrel to the other while placing four rounds in each paper. That'd accomplish essentially the same thing.

BB

Place barrels in the positions of Box A and B plus a center barrel. Start loaded and holstered with ALL remaining ammunition on the Center barrel. Upon start signal engage all targets with 4 rounds each. All divisions would have to make a different plan on how to shoot it. Do they stow mags back into their holders or just reload from the barrel? As an added twist you can set T2 and T7 as appearing targets that are activated from the opposite barrel. This ensures that the shooter has to go back to the starting position to engage the final target.

I like the idea of making T2 and T7 swingers or some other type of appearing target, that might work nicely. Or maybe replacing T2 and T7 with poppers and making T1 and T8 appearing targets. On another note: I never said that you could not stack shots, that was left out intentionally. Have to think about those gamers don't ya know.

Brian

You still can't dictate shooting order or position (unless you really want to push the Level I exception). Even with the Level I exception, you are only allowed to stipulate array order, so you can't say that the arrays must be engaged with 2 rounds each, and then come back to it again later.

Personally, the way I would should your stage is launch out of box B, stomp on the pressure plate on the way to Box A, get into box A shoot 4 rounds each into T1 and T2, and then shoot 4 rounds each into T3-T6 on the way to back to Box B, and then end up in Box B and shoot T7 and T8 with 4 rounds each.

And one last set of modifications that should clear up any and all problems (I hope).

Brian

Looks legal. FWIW, you could still accomplish the original goal of having shooters go back and forth by either having two activators, each one activating a target on the opposite side (i.e. T1 and T8) or having a barrel and prop on each end and requiring shooters to move props to the opposite side before last shot fired.

BB