Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Which way to shim my stock

Cap

At the Pro/Am I missed more shotgun targets than I should have. The RO pointed out to me that every one of my misses were over the top of my target. I figured I need to aim a little low or bury the front sight the the channel (FN).

When I got home I ordered a full set of stock shims for the Browning Gold, which I have read will work on the FN SLP. My question now is, which way does the stock need to go? Do I need to raise the comb height or lower it? I have never messed with a fitting a shotgun stock before so I am a little/lot lost.

Thanks in advance

If you can stand to wait , don't do any thing. take a few slow shots with your rear sight "aka your face" firmly on the stock and see if that fixes your - shooting High - problem.

it is very common with a shotgun to miss high when we want to see the target break or fall, = we lift our face at the last second to see the target reaction.

But to reply to your stock question is = your face and eye is the rear sight = so raise the rear sight with raise the impact area.