Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shooting with top shooters in your squad

lugnut

I really consider it an great chance to learn. I shoot my game paln becuase I'm not a GM but I'm always listening and watching. At the the MGM Ironman this past summer I was squadded with some really good GMs, I learned a termendous amount, tried a few things that I probalbly wouldn't have tried except for their advice and shot a little better because of it.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He called me a wussy cause I wouldn't shoot a texas star on the move :)

He sounds pretty awesome to me..

Realize that some "top GMs" might try to talk you into do something ... unwise ... just cause they want to see someone give it a try, purely for their own amusement... roflol.gif

I say shoot your own game but bring a camera and get footage of both yourself and the GM so you can compare them later and learn.

This, if you can.... I even find myself needing to consciously remind myself to follow my own routine and shoot my own game at times... Got better about it this year, but...

Having the footage of both with let you do some objective comparison after the match for future improvement! cheers.gif

The one thing I try to watch out for, that's not been listed yet, is try NOT to listen to the GM's firing cadence.

It took me a long time to learn this one. Video was a big help - what it taught me was that when I'm shooting my sights, and doing what I really need to do, I shoot splits that fast, too. "Seeing (/hearing)" in person is definitely a different thing than "seeing (/hearing)" from behind the gun cheers.gif