Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Best Quality Kitchen Faucet

I recently went to a customer's house because the whirlpool faucet does not work properly. Guess what? American standard from Home Depot. Parts for the faucet are not available and faucet is built into the tubso the whole thing has to be replaced.

Whoa - holy crap! You have to replace the bathtub because you can't buy parts for the faucet. That's one of the craziest things I've ever heard.

be

I recently went to a customer's house because the whirlpool faucet does not work properly. Guess what? American standard from Home Depot. Parts for the faucet are not available and faucet is built into the tubso the whole thing has to be replaced.

Whoa - holy crap! You have to replace the bathtub because you can't buy parts for the faucet. That's one of the craziest things I've ever heard.

be

Unfortunately, the faucet is molded into the tub and as is the case with most systems like this, parts change every 4-5 yrs and the old ones are deleted from the system.

This Tub would be about $2000 from a first line supplier. From a home center, their model is about $1200. You get what you pay for :ph34r:

• 2 months later...

Dornbracht and KWC are well made, stylish brands, if you are still looking. KWC Systema is a beautiful semi-pro line. Dornbrach Tara is an amazing example of gracious design in Semi pro look. These are higher end brands than Hansgrohe, IMHO.

I have an Axor Starck in my bathroom. From experience, Hansgrohe is a good quality brand.

I don't like faucets where I have to keep my finger on a button to be in the spray mode. I want a toggle for the spray mode. That's now how I use my faucet. I nixed that particular model for that reason.

Late to party yes, but since there are so many posters that have way more experience with plumbing than I do...

I was considering a new faucet but I don't think the old one is my problem. When I turn it on, it takes a second or two before the water starts. This is something that has just started a couple weeks ago. Starting to annoy me. Pushes air for a sec then spits, then flow starts. Faucet or something far worse?

• 1 month later...

I only use Delta, Moen or Kohler. They are the best, standard and easy to repair, use with tools and do anything with - and they are widely available. If I could only choose one, it would be delta. I get delta always unless Moen or Kohler is on sale, as they often are.

Places like Aquaware, Boffi, and Whitehaus are the high end - but I don't think they are as good as Delta

Until recently I had spent the better part of my life in the kitchen and bath business. Used and installed all manor of faucets from Kholer, Delta, Moen, American and Grohe. All make good faucets, some make not so good as well. This is a catagorie of product that fits the "you get what you pay for" slogan. My favorite is Kholer, and have not had the experiance of needing a rebuild every five years. The rare occasion I have had a call for anything Kholer related their customer service rivals that of Dillon. Grohe's customer service is not nearly as good. To their credit they have sent me what I've needed, but not without a lot of grumbling first.

The stuff I always avoid are the items made from plastic or pot metal, as well as Glacier Bay brand.

Edited by mpeltier

• 9 months later...

Check out this: "Moen 7185CSL Brantford One-Handle High Arc Pull-down Kitchen Faucet". This single-handle, high-arc kitchen faucet from the Brantford collection features a traditional style for giving your home timeless appeal. Offering a classic stainless finish, it features a one–handle lever design for ease of use and a pullout spout that uses Moen's Reflex pull down system, which provides smooth operation, easy movement, and secure docking. The three-function sprayer includes an aerated stream, powerful rinse, and pause. Then there are other good companies like: Delta Faucets, Grohe Faucets and Gerber Faucets.

• 3 weeks later...