Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Looking for free market research

War

What happens a lot to the typical local gun store is they don't buy enough at a time to get the decent wholesale prices.

Using made up numbers, if you buy 10 Glocks wholesale you pay $400 each. You can sell them for $450.

If you buy 20 Glocks you might pay $350 each. Now you can sell them for $390.

That's why at gunshows and some serious mom/pop gunstores you see Glocks for $600 retail.

I worked a fair amount of gunstore retail in 2003 or so; although it was guns and ammo and holsters, it's still a business.

You need to bring more money in than goes out.

FY42385

Good communication, evening hours, and cheap FFL transfer prices. If it doesn't have to go through an FFL, I buy it online. A small selection of 'oh crap' parts wouldn't hurt, like pins and springs for common guns, and spare parts for Dillon and Hornady presses.

So you expect the shop to stock all the small emergency stuff you need, but you still plan on buying everything major online? LOL. How do you expect that shop to stay in business?

What I want in a local shop is good stock and a competitive price. I don't really care about the salespeople, because I can do my own research, but it doesn't hurt if they're friendly. I'll go out of my way to patronize local businesses as long as they don't go out of their way to drive me away.