Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Win Promo ammo

varmint

I tried the WW 100 pk bulk ammo from Walmart and Academy with the 1oz shot charge in my FN SLP yesterday, all went 100%, I am now up to about 30 boxes and no problems at all, all was shot with the light piston installed.

Academy stores had 12 ga ammo this week for $3.99 a box.

LSA mil surplus that I have had for years. I use it on everything I shoot except I use hi temp grease on hinge pins on my break open shotguns. I brought 2 gal of LSA home and thought I might as well use it and have ever since.

If it runs in your shotgun and gives you a good pattern......run it. I run the Wal-mart Win ammo in my 3 gun shotgun, have never had an issue with it running. Only thing is....IF...the night beofre match, your favorite Wal-mart is out of the Winchester ammo....don't buy the Remington ammo, thinking it will run in your gun.

Tim

TRU I have shot the Rem in it with no problems, I guess I got lucky on my SLP as it has been 100% with anything I put in it. When I got it I stripped and cleaned it, deburred everything and steel wooled the mag tube with oil on it then dried it. The 1st 100 round rounds I had everything very well lubed even the tube, cleaned it and relubed it all with LSA. I even tried some 7/8oz reloads I had for my son it in all ok. As long as the pressure is up about anything should work. I hunted for yrs with a 3" 1100 with 2-3/4" loads I loaded with the pressure up on them with 1-1/8 oz shot and found a load that worked great. Factory 1-1/8 loads will not hardly move the bolt back, but with a fast powder like Red Dot or 700X and a full load they worked great. I am shooting a match Wed AM with friends with 1oz loads in my FN and will report on how it works.

TRU I have shot the Rem in it with no problems, I guess I got lucky on my SLP as it has been 100% with anything I put in it. When I got it I stripped and cleaned it, deburred everything and steel wooled the mag tube with oil on it then dried it. The 1st

You ran steel wool through the entire length of the mag tube, with a CLP oil? Did you steel wool anything else? What "grade" wool?

TY :)

What I was implying was.....don't change to unproven ammo (stuff you haven't used yet) the night before a match. I use Rem as well....tried them both, they work....I have no problems with them....but YMMV. Seen it at matches before, and not only with ammo....like the guy that unwraps a brandy new magazine and loads it up for stage one. :roflol: you know....living on the wild side!!

Edited by TRUBL

On the mag tube I used a thin coat of oil on it and polished it with fine steel wool both inside and out, I removed the trigger, bolt etc and if it moved I deburred it with a small very fine hone with oil. I lubed the mag tube inside with LSA very small amount there and on the outside with a small amount also after polishing it. Everything in the reciever was lubed with LSA. I am about 33-34 boxes in it now every kind of loading I had from 7/8 oz, buckshot, slug, and 3". All 100%. I usually shoot plow discs at night almost every night with it, shoot 2 reload and 2 more for 6 times. I have tried a weapon mounted light which is almost cheating and hand held light. I live in the country so I shoot almost every day here.

FWIW we shoot some kind of a practice stage every Wed am with friends and today it was the El Presidente (12 shots)I got all in the 8's (seconds), I was very pleased with that for times, I did not know my old body still would do it!

Yea I was bragging but proud to do so ! For me that was my best in yrs.

Edited by varmint