Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

.40 Limited Base Pads

taylorguns

I just got a new Elite Limited gun in .40 S&W and was wondering about which magazine pads to get. I see that Hennings website has H-620 and H-141 bases. Besides one extra round and 20 dollars more is there really any difference between them? Also, will the H-620 fit the guns magazine well I decide to go that route?

I have H-141 pads on all my mags and I love them. They feel really nice in my hand during reloads, and i like how the stick out past the mag will. Gives a positive feeling when you do a mag change, and really lets you know that mag is fully seated. I have no experience with the H-620s.

IPSC BOX H-500 Series Base Pad

These pads start out at 5 mm larger than the factory basepads ! They will allow you to convert a factory magazine to 18, 19 or even 20 rounds in 40 S&W. I supply with a Grams 10 coil follower & spring for durability. They are available as H-500, H-520, H-540, H-560, H-580, H-600 and H-620. The H-500 and H-520 are safe for the IPSC box. The H-540 and H-560 are IPSC "Big Box" pads. If you do some work on your rear sight you can use the H-580, H-600 or H-620 pads and still make it fit. The H-520 means it's 0.520" height. The H-620 is 0.620" (15.75mm) and internally more efficient than factory pads.

For the H-141 you have to add 20 bucks more to get the spring and follower.

I don't think you get the spring and follower for $30. If it does, I am never buying the H-141 again! ;)

Ask them in the Tanfoglio Shop forum or email the customer service.

Edited by Nealio