Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

M&P Pro Magwell?

Severian

Speed Shooter's Specialty (a vendor on this forum) makes a IDPA magwell for the M&P Pro but you also have to buy the Taylor Freelance base pads to work with the magwell. Not sure if any other basepads will work. Hopefully someone else will chime in.

Edited by The_Vigilante

I like the others have the Speed Shooters ESP magwell on both of my competition M&P's. I prefer the aluminum one and it works well for me in USPSA matches. I would not hesitiate to recommend it to anyone looking for a magwell for their M&P. On another note you can't beat Speed Shooters Speciaties for M&P parts and accessories

Thanks, Jeff. That's helpful.

How about this Easyfit Magwell? Scroll down to the middle to see it.

http://www.smartlock.com/SWThumbMagwell.htm

Jeff

SSS is what I run and very happy with them. The only possible issue I see on the smartlock is the front doesn't look expanded, where the SSS is a 360 degree magwell. Probably not big issue until that one time you dont hit your relaod smoothly because of it...maybe not a big deal

I also use the SSS ESP magwell along with the ESP mag base pads. They fit in the IDPA box without any problems. For USPSA I have the same magwell and use the Taylor Freelance 140mm extended base pads.

All of these items are first rate.

• 7 months later...

Are the SSS base pads the only idpa legal ones to use with the esp aluminum magwell from SSS

Or

Are there others?

Also i have the square retainer pads i think* they r newer style factory mags. Do the SSS base pads require the old style retainer?

Are the SSS base pads the only idpa legal ones to use with the esp aluminum magwell from SSS

Or

Are there others?

Also i have the square retainer pads i think* they r newer style factory mags. Do the SSS base pads require the old style retainer?

"""....Requires the use of the old style retainer plate with the round pin,...."""

http://www.speedshooterspecialties.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=103_90_189&products_id=1101&zenid=d676b096edfe8f06d1e421aa9c72fa16