Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

West Palm Beach FL

Might be moving south within the next couple of months.

Any recommendations on where to live around the West Palm Beach area? I've heard good things about Palm Beach Gardens and Wellington. Closest to the coast, without being ultra expensive, the better.

Also, where/how far are the USPSA club matches from WPB?

WPB is the worst place in Florida to access USPSA clubs.

Only club kind of nearby is at Markham Park which has severe bay limitations. Still 50 miles.

Palm Beach Gardens and north gives you nicer living and closer to the nearest good range - in Palm Bay (still a 100 miles from PBG)

Edited by rgkeller

How about shooting ranges?

How often you shoot?

Nearest range that you can really practice USPSA shooting is here.

http://www.pmrpc.com/

And only after you join the club and get certified for the Action Ranges. All of which is no big deal. Will take a Sunday.

I shoot two or three matches a month during the cooler months.

How about shooting ranges?

How often you shoot?

Nearest range that you can really practice USPSA shooting is here.

http://www.pmrpc.com/

And only after you join the club and get certified for the Action Ranges. All of which is no big deal. Will take a Sunday.

I shoot two or three matches a month during the cooler months.

I know the guys at Port Malabar. Used to shoot with them in Orlando.

Try the South Florida Pistol Club. We shoot at Markham Park, which is in Sunrise. The range is limited, but we find ways to put up solid stages anyways. There are some other matches throughout the state that are worth going to as well, both Malibar and Punta Gorda are great.

Club Page

• 3 weeks later...

However, if you like golf, Palm Beach Gardens is for you. I lived there (and in Jupiter, next big city north) growing up. Golfing, the beach, fishing, and scuba diving are all very good there. There is also a drag strip (used to be called Moroso) west of Jupiter.

• 1 month later...

I was for several years.

Used to be nice IPSC club for twenty years or so. New regime put a lot of restrictions on shooting there and tried to charge a high rental for the monthly match.

So the USPSA matches are no more and most, if not all, of the former IPSC shooters left the place.

They have done some lanes and baffling now that would make it impossible to hold an IPSC match and restrictions that make decent practice impossible.