Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Slide Lightening and Reliability

Smokin

I have a stock Edge and another with a lightened slide. There is a distinct difference in the feel of each using the same reloads but using faster or slower powders and light or heavier projectiles can make any gun feel faster or slower with felt recoil being different as well. If I shoot the stock for a few rounds and then the lightened one, it feels much faster but I'm a mere mortal and the clock doesn't show much diff. However, the total mass of the gun is less and moving it can accelerate and deccelerate more quickly and results in more time on target which may lead to more accuracy. However, much like a batter in baseball will swing his bat with a weight on it before stepping up to the plate, practicing with the stock (heavier) gun and then using the lightened one might change your mental perception about how fast you are.

Recoil more? Most people have told me it will recoil less. The theoretical physics behind your equation also assumes a fixed mass. The mass has been reduced causing an increase in velocity. I'm not sure how that turns into increased felt recoil. What has been the "real world" experience of most?

Felt recoil and muzzle flip/DIP WILL change if you dont chan ge the recoil spring weight as well or add a buffer system.

What lb recoil spring are you currently running. I just recently started playing with different weight springs and a tungsten F.L.G.R.

Muzzle dip and signt aquisition changed dramatically. I actually prefer the muzzle flip to muzzle dip, since the former is easier for me for follow up shots or double taps if im running a practical match.