Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

USPSA vs IPSC

JKD

As an IPSC region we are supposed to hold an IPSC rules match. There are a couple clubs that will on occasion hold such a match. Other than that I doubt you'll see any regular IPSC matches being held here. If there was a snowball's chance that we'd see a World Shoot here, you might see more interest in IPSC Rules Matches.

Jim

We put in a bid for it just about every time ... So far, we keep getting undercut. I think it will happen ... It's just a question of when. Maybe 2014.

Very interesting information indeed... B)

Haha! Thanks Flexmoney! I wasn't prepared for this thread to turn into a rules education! :) Mainly, I just wanted to know how likely it would be for me to encounter an "IPSC" sanctioned match in the United States. Sounds like it's not very likely at all. Thanks! :cheers:

You are just about as likely to get a $2 bill as change, than you are to run into an IPSC match in the USA.

LOL, depends on where you are in the country. Here in SC, some of the "gentlemen's clubs" give you change in $2 bills. Odds are you end up walking out with one or two still in your pocket that you may end up using at Starbucks the next day. Not that I am speaking from experience. :ph34r:

So the chances of you getting a $2 bill as change are actually not that bad if you are in line behind me the aforementioned individual.

The only reason I can imagine USPSA members wanting to shoot and hold IPSC matches is for classification for the World Shoot. For the many thousands of USPSA members who look forward to shooting outside the US, I'm sure it's important.:rolleyes:

There will be, at least it was announced, an IPSC National Championship in South Carolina for this very reason in November.

The only reason I can imagine USPSA members wanting to shoot and hold IPSC matches is for classification for the World Shoot. For the many thousands of USPSA members who look forward to shooting outside the US, I'm sure it's important.:rolleyes:

There will be, at least it was announced, an IPSC National Championship in South Carolina for this very reason in November.

Sorry Lee, but I'm afraid that's not quite correct ... for two reasons:

First - IPSC Classifications don't amount to a tinkers damn at the WS. Unlike our Nationals, the WS does not award prizes, medals, or anything else on the basis of "Class." (Trust me ... I shot the last 3 WS, worked the last one in Bali, and will work the next one in Greece.)

Second - The real reason that we now hold an IPSC National Championship match is that we are required to. That's right ... The IPSC Constitution requires member regions to conduct a competition program sufficient to crown a National IPSC Champion each year. Were it not for this requirement, and the fact that since the total split in rule books in 2008 IPSC no longer recognizes USPSA matches (including our Nationals) as IPSC events, I very much doubt you would see even this match being run under IPSC rules.

Sad, but I'm afraid more truth than fiction.

The real reason that we now hold an IPSC National Championship match is that we are required to. That's right ... The IPSC Constitution requires member regions to conduct a competition program sufficient to crown a National IPSC Champion each year. Were it not for this requirement, and the fact that since the total split in rule books in 2008 IPSC no longer recognizes USPSA matches (including our Nationals) as IPSC events, I very much doubt you would see even this match being run under IPSC rules.

Sooooo...when is Japan's "National Championship?"

Alex

The real reason that we now hold an IPSC National Championship match is that we are required to. That's right ... The IPSC Constitution requires member regions to conduct a competition program sufficient to crown a National IPSC Champion each year. Were it not for this requirement, and the fact that since the total split in rule books in 2008 IPSC no longer recognizes USPSA matches (including our Nationals) as IPSC events, I very much doubt you would see even this match being run under IPSC rules.

Alex

I don't know ... But Alex, consider the following:

1 - Japan is not OUR problem.

2 - I'm under the impression (from friends in asia) that the Japanese travel to other regions for their shooting. (e.g., the Philipines or Thailand)

3 - The IPSC Constitution does make some allowances for statutory issues in various regions. (Our situation IS NOT statutory!)

4 - Unless I'm mistaken, the Japanese can shoot Air Soft which is recognized by IPSC.

Now ... You want to pick on another country ... Say the United Kingdom?

Alex

I don't know ... But Alex, consider the following:

1 - Japan is not OUR problem.

2 - I'm under the impression (from friends in asia) that the Japanese travel to other regions for their shooting. (e.g., the Philipines or Thailand)

3 - The IPSC Constitution does make some allowances for statutory issues in various regions. (Our situation IS NOT statutory!)

4 - Unless I'm mistaken, the Japanese can shoot Air Soft which is recognized by IPSC.

Now ... You want to pick on another country ... Say the United Kingdom?

No, let's not, because we're now over the line.....

From the forum guidelines:

Restricted Content

Politics

Policy and political discussions or debates of any kind - even if you consider your opinions to be "facts" - are not welcome anywhere in the forum.

Specifically including (but not limited to):

• USPSA vs IPSC