Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Anyone here ever buy bullets in a group?

Bruce

I am getting ready to order bullets and read the post on the HAP bullet thread and wondered...anyone ever do this as a group from here?

My thought would be to try and kick the business to someone on the board who sells bullets...and make the order large enough so that talking price was not a waste of time. Anyone?

I have a local group that buys bullets in bulk. We will order over 100,000 at a time. We get a price break and the bullet guy delivers them to us in New Orleans from Tennessee.

You might do better that way so there is a single delivery point. MG or Zero or who ever could send them in via truck. Shipping is the issue with bullets.

I've done it in the past. We had one guy that had to go to Reno one a month for work. He'd stop at West Coast and get what we needed. There was a good price break at 10K bullets so we'd always get at least that....

We saved a ton because (as stated above) shipping is the killer on bullets. If you've got a source within driving distance you can save a bunch. Even buying bulk from Black Hills or the like, will save a fair amount. B)