Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

XDM9 comp what size is the front sight

zdog

The stock sight is .143 ish. We have .100 and .125 fiber optic and .100 target sights from Dawson.

What would you recommend for alterations to this pistol for a "b" shooter? Trigger, guide rod...? I have three XD9s that you did trigger jobs on years ago. I have to admit that the trigger still feels mushy to me. Have things improved since then with you trigger job and what kind of pull could I expect with your stock trigger job? Too bad Springfield still doesn't have it quite right on this new pistol. What is the trigger pull on the stock 5.25 and have they shortened the pull and reset like your trigger job does?

Thanks,

Zdog

The standard mods for competition: comp trigger, solid guide rod, extended mag release, sight of choice and grip treatment of some sort or tape. The trigger is the same as all the other XD/XDM triggers. We have made improvements to our triggers and parts over the last few years and believe are current system are the best that we have produced.

The standard mods for competition: comp trigger, solid guide rod, extended mag release, sight of choice and grip treatment of some sort or tape. The trigger is the same as all the other XD/XDM triggers. We have made improvements to our triggers and parts over the last few years and believe are current system are the best that we have produced.

Thanks Scott,

Would you tell me what kind of trigger pull could I expect with your stock trigger job please and I do I have to use soft primers?

Zdog

Edited by zdog

Thanks Scott,

Would you tell me what kind of trigger pull could I expect with your stock trigger job please and I do I have to use soft primers?

Zdog

We do not use reduced power striker springs on any of our trigger jobs, so they hit the same as from the factory. We can make them pretty light, but we don't have a "stock" trigger job, we make them to customer specs. :cheers:

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Scott,

Zdog

We do not use reduced power striker springs on any of our trigger jobs, so they hit the same as from the factory. We can make them pretty light, but we don't have a "stock" trigger job, we make them to customer specs. :cheers:

One last question please. If I were to buy your parts and install them myself, what would be a reasonable guess for the trigger pull?

zdog

That really depends on your skill and how well you can fit parts. I have no way to judge that from here, but we get report of the 3.5# range for people who can properly install parts and understand ow the system works.

Thanks,

Now if I can just find where the wife hides her butter and egg money......

zdog