Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Handgun work stand

tracker

What is availiable for holding semi auto handguns for cleaning and working on? Padded vise? Some sort of a fixture? I thought I saw somewhere something that fit into the magwell?

I cut and shaped a piece of aluminum to replace the magazine in a Para frame that worked just fine. It exteneded about 5" below the frame so I could hold it in the vice at different angles. I made this to make checkering the front strap a little easier.

Due to the plastic grip on STI/SVI's, I've never bothered to make one but it should work. Just don't get too rough with it.

Bill

What is availiable for holding semi auto handguns for cleaning and working on? Padded vise? Some sort of a fixture? I thought I saw somewhere something that fit into the magwell?

I cut and shaped a piece of aluminum to replace the magazine in a Para frame that worked just fine. It exteneded about 5" below the frame so I could hold it in the vice at different angles. I made this to make checkering the front strap a little easier.

Due to the plastic grip on STI/SVI's, I've never bothered to make one but it should work. Just don't get too rough with it.

Bill

I was thinking of something similar. Possibly something that would be secure for stability while cleaning/work etc.

I thought I saw something comercially availiable.

R