Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New bennelli project a disaster

lucas

I did not specifically specify what new back rifle sight i wanted in lue of the standard bennelli rifle sight already there ,except to say i wanted it taller so i can get target picture faster,since i didnt know what brand or model would get me there i left it up to the gunsmith.what i got was a home made contraption thats not even ajustable unless you count files and a nail punch as being ajustable.I dont even have the original dove cut on the barrel so putiing the old sight back is out of the question ,which i didnt get back anyway.I am just not happy with this. Clearly this is all my fault.I know it ,so there is no need to defend anyone.I didnt think for a micro second i wouldnt be getting a fully ajustable back rifle sight like the hi vis type i mentioned i saw in brownells, which sits up taller so as not to have to bury your cheek as much on the stock to get level with the sight. Atleast for me since i am use to ghost rings.To make a long story short, i need another 18 1/2 inch barrel with rifle sights. I will live with factory after this debacle. I need to get rid of this one and a 26 inch practical barrel i dont need to fund this .Who might be able to help me with a new barrel with rifle sights?Thanks for any help

Lucas:

Just a thought, but I think I would take the 26" barrel and ship it off to Briley and have it cut to 21 or 22" and have them inhstall screw in chokes. Have them or some one cut a dovetail in the rib where it ramps up in the back and put in a Williams adjustible flip up sight, also found in Brownells. I think it would be less in the long run than getting a "new" barrel from Benelli around $275.00. Run a big fiber optic front bead and life will once again be great! I feel your pain as many gunsmiths just don't listen to what the customer wants! This happens even from the top notch ones time to time. KURTM

Gents -

Small amount of drift here:

Can an M1 S90 barrel be cut down and fitted for the standard screw-in chokes? My understanding is that the chrome lining makes this undoable.

Benny, you are the man - helping a feller out like that. Hope he doesn't hold it against all smiths.

In this case i dont blame anyone but my self.I just assumed people could see into my mind on what i invisioned.As far as gunsmiths go i have used enough of them over the years to know that Bennie Hill is definilty a credit to his profession,so dont worry guys i may be ignorant but not stupid.