Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ammo count

lobo024

Hmmmm.....Hard to say exactly. I would guess that 3 rifle mags (30 round), 3-5 pistol mags (15-20 round), and 20-30 rounds of shotgun shells. Now of course it would be course dependent but I think that this would cover a general array of stages.

Depends on wether your talking a club match or something bigger. For a club match you should be all right with 200 rifle, 150 pistol, 100 bird shot, 20 slugs, 25 #4's or #6's, and 20 00Buck. A bigger match will usually give you minimum round counts,then you can add at least 50% more. Good luck,have fun,and be safe.

I was just wondering what a realistic amount of ammo is for a typical three gun rig. I know its course dependant but how much do most usually carry for ironsight div

Sorry I even asked

Can't be getting impatient after only three hours...info around here is generally worth the wait.

On my 3-gun rig I carry one AR mag, two pistol mags, four shotshell carriers (4-shell), and can add another 6-round shotshell carrier if needed. That's been plenty for every club match I've ever shot...I haven't shot a big one yet.

You might want to go to the multi-gun section of the forum, will get more responses (also try a search in those forums) as many most likely will not see this post. Like others have said, very dependent on the match. Also, could not tell if you meant total round count for a match or since you mention "rig" you mean carry on your person for a stage.

Others covered the round count bit, almost impossible to tell you that. Some matches may require slugs others not, some might be heavy in one of the 3 guns, etc. As far as rigs go, one of the differences between the USPSA pistol matches and multi-gun matches (even USPSA) is that you can adjust your rig during the match and are not required to keep it the same. Again, each match my be different though.

A general good setup will include 2 to 4 mag pouches for pistol (depends on your division/pistol's rounds per mag), 1 mag carrier for rifle and for the shotgun many different rigs. Most will have a side saddle on the gun and 4 or more shell caddies (4 or 6 round) on the belt. Waist size can even make this one different, some of us have more real estate on our belts!

Waist size can even make this one different, some of us have more real estate on our belts!

No kidding! I have a 34" waist and the gear I listed in my previous post has my belt reaching maximum capacity. Compounding this is the fact that I shoot long guns left handed and handguns right handed. My AR mag has to almost be in the very back because it has to share room with my pistol on my right side.