Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

A few paper-only long courses

spanky

I like the 2nd one. Might have to set that up at our local club next month. That is, if its ok :blush:

I may change the start position to start in the rear box tho, we'll see. And of course probabaly throw up a few no-shoots :devil:

I like the 2nd one. Might have to set that up at our local club next month. That is, if its ok :blush:

I may change the start position to start in the rear box tho, we'll see. And of course probabaly throw up a few no-shoots :devil:

Unless Spanky objects, I'm going to set that up for our club match this month, too. But I'm expecting several new shooters, so I might change starting position to the back box. The other stages are already full of no shoots and hard cover, so I think I'll leave the paper open as drawn. Nice stage!

BB

I've never fully wrapped my head around the idea of having separate, disconnected, shooting areas. I know it's done all the time but it's just not something we have done in the past.

I don't use it often but the berm that state is intended for does not have side berms so I need to ensure that all shots where they need to.

I don't use it often but the berm that state is intended for does not have side berms so I need to ensure that all shots where they need to.

I can see how that would be useful. I'll file this away in the cranial vault for future reference.

Taking another look at the 2nd stage, I think I'll move the back set of targets a little wider to avoid the possibility of a shoot through between the inside back targets and the wide front targets. I might also use barrels or no-shoots as vision barrels to avoid dragging two more walls around the range.

I like the concept of the second stage, it allows for a lot more targets in a long bay, without the risk of a 180.

I too will borrow it for our next match, with a few changes.

Change the angled targets behind the barrels to double targets.

Put two targets on the outside of each of the forward walls for 32 rounds.

And a rear box start “We have a lot of newer shooters”.

Thanks Jeremy

Leonard

Nice stages. On "Get It" you have the start position with the handgun loaded and holstered and on the table.

So, do I have to load and holster my handgun and then lie on the table with my holster making contact with the table? I hope that is a sturdy table! ;):D

Nice stages. On "Get It" you have the start position with the handgun loaded and holstered and on the table.

So, do I have to load and holster my handgun and then lie on the table with my holster making contact with the table? I hope that is a sturdy table! ;):D

I took it to mean that you took your entire equipment belt off if the holster was integrated into the belt, or at least just the holster if you had a paddle or belt holster.

• 2 weeks later...

We ran start it up yesterday - fun stage. Interestingly, 15 out of 18 shooters had at least 1 mike and 5 or 6 shooters picked up an FTE! The stage proved so straightforward that it was easy to get sloppy.