Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Micro R-1 went south

D__

Aimpoint Micro R-1 went tits up today.

No warning or fading at all. Confining poi for match next week - flight is Monday morning.

Anybody else have one go down? This is the first I have heard of a Micro failing. Main reason going with this sight is the reliability reputation.

Use is an open dot optic with about six thousand rounds threw it.

At Double Tap this year Yuth told me his died at the match. I have one on a used open gun I bought and can't get use to it so I'll switch it out with a C-More :)

Might put the T-1 on my AR.

Had one die about 2 years ago. Overnight on Tues. and had a brand new one waiting at the door when I got home after work Fri. Can't beat that. No warning with me either, 7 rounds into stage 1 (of course, couldn't be the last one) out she went. Not a single problem with the replacement, shot it still has the same battery and I don't turn it off at matches. I would not hesitate to buy another one should the need arise.

Battery cap wasnot loose. Replaced battery right away and had no luck. Loctited in so had to drill the scope bolts out. Replaced with a T-1 I had on an AR upper.

Doesn't sound like these are failing everywhere so I'll keep running it I guess.