Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

NEW JPL open shorty

lewlew

Shot my new JPL shorty at the Renton Championship Series match yesterday. Gun has about 600 rounds on it now and has not had a single malfunction of any kind with Major ammo and only a single problem with minor ammo (7lb spring is probably too light). Took 3rd overall in Open and first B. Had a brain fart and tanked one stage but otherwise did ok. I'm going to switch to the ligher spring and test fire a few hundred rounds of minor ammo before taking it to the Rocky Mountain 3 Gun Match this Thursday. Scott H. and I are going to help finish building the match, shoot the RO match next week and then RO the main match. The RM3G is one of the biggest gatherings of top 3 gun shooters in the US and takes place in natural terrain. Always a lot of fun and great prize table.

Doug

Shot my new JPL shorty at the Renton Championship Series match yesterday. Gun has about 600 rounds on it now and has not had a single malfunction of any kind with Major ammo and only a single problem with minor ammo (7lb spring is probably too light). Took 3rd overall in Open and first B. Had a brain fart and tanked one stage but otherwise did ok. I'm going to switch to the ligher spring and test fire a few hundred rounds of minor ammo before taking it to the Rocky Mountain 3 Gun Match this Thursday. Scott H. and I are going to help finish building the match, shoot the RO match next week and then RO the main match. The RM3G is one of the biggest gatherings of top 3 gun shooters in the US and takes place in natural terrain. Always a lot of fun and great prize table.

Doug

Congrats on the shorty! I guess you have the same spec as mine. Could you share your major load data? And are you using 9 lb spring on the major load?

I switched from 9 lb to 8 lb yesterday and shot couple hundred rounds. It felt good even with the buffer on it.

Thx,

Lew

Doug

Congrats on the shorty! I guess you have the same spec as mine. Could you share your major load data? And are you using 9 lb spring on the major load?

I switched from 9 lb to 8 lb yesterday and shot couple hundred rounds. It felt good even with the buffer on it.

Thx,

Lew

I'm using 7.8gr of Silhouette and a Montana Gold 124 CMJ. Currently I'm using the 9 lb spring with no buffer that John put in the gun but I may try the 8 lb with a buffer later. I'll be using the 7 lb spring with minor ammo later this week. I don't have load data on the minor ammo, I have several brands of commercially reloaded 9mm that I'm going to try.

Doug

Doug

Thx,

Lew

I'm using 7.8gr of Silhouette and a Montana Gold 124 CMJ. Currently I'm using the 9 lb spring with no buffer that John put in the gun but I may try the 8 lb with a buffer later. I'll be using the 7 lb spring with minor ammo later this week. I don't have load data on the minor ammo, I have several brands of commercially reloaded 9mm that I'm going to try.

Doug

I also tried the 3N37 and developed a loading data on a spread sheet as well as Silhouette. Will try few more loads later this week and see. 3N37 is super clean and softer compare to Silhouette but very compressed. I can send you the data list when completed if u could give me your email address. The other powder I am thinking to try is Autocomp. But it is quite violent but much faster. I tried it on Limcat and Jojo Dynamic full size guns still felt a lot of kick.

John does nice work, and since he's local to us in the Seattle area, it's nice to be able to drop off/pick up a gun to him in person or at a match.

On Silhouette, beware that it is inverse temp sensitive. When I finish up what I have, I won't be buying more of it.

WAC seems a better way to go.

YMMV

Went out and shot some groups getting ready for Rocky Mountain 3 gun. This is a 10 round group shot at 25 yards with Columbia Basin reloads, 147 gr FMJ, ave. 985 FPS, PF 144.8, 1.275" CTC. Target is a 6" paper plate with a 1" shoot and see sticker. I had a couple thousand rounds of this and thought I would see how it shot, not too bad. Gun now has about 1000 rounds since last Friday and seems to be settling in nicely.

Doug

post-8887-0-67851400-1311811263_thumb.jp

Edited by Doug H.