Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

sti gp6 open gun

hal1955

Since the factory run a suppressed version of the gun, I don't think the added weight should be a problem.

I was thinking the comp might push the gun to the right when the barrel rotates............

The gas direction shouldn't be an issue, as the slide likely isn't going to start moving before the gas pressure drops. If you mean movement due to an asymetrical weight rotating on the end of the barrel, it's an interesting idea.

I can't think in 3D well enough to imagine how you would begin to try and machine a comp that also has to be gyroscopicly balanced.

Actually, I suppose if you machined a 3-4 chamber round compensator, the only potentially unbalanced force would be the extra mass at the bottom of the chambers. I wonder if the bottom of the comp could be milled enough to balance the material taken out of the top?

Edited by Canuck223

People have made comps with baffles that extend above the plane of the slide, like forum member in post #10 here: TI comp Glock

Balancing around the radius could be as simple as lubing a dowel rod that has a close (not tight) fit on the ID of the comp. Wiggle the dowel and the heavy side should settle to the bottom. Keep removing metal and repeat.

How far (in degrees) does the barrel twist when unlocked?

Edited by eric nielsen

• 7 months later...

My other question is what mount you would use to install a C More or any type of red dot on this pistol?

I am even wondering of it's bullseye capabilities. I've shot it off hand a few times and grouped pretty well at 50 feet. With a red dot, it may be a good CF pistol for BE.