Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dillon Square Deal Problem

Last night I was in the process of loading some ammo for the Area 6 this weekend when after a couple of hundred rounds the machine started binding so bad I could hardly operate the handle.

I took the machine apart and it had a small piece of metal stuck into one of the four plastic pieces that the body(?) rides up and down against inside the frame. It actually cut a small groove into the bearing surface on the body.

Hopefully, tonight after I reassemble it, it will work to finish my ammo for the match.

Has anyone seen anything like this before? It looked like the metal was a build up of the aluminum that was cut out of the groove on the body. I could not see anything that would have started the process. What could have gotten in there to cause this?

Is it time to send it to Dillon for a re-build?

Thanks,

Jason

A-50485

I have personally only used it for a few thousand rounds, but it went through two other shooters before I got it as part of a package with my Limited pistol.

Jason

A-50485

I'd box it up and send it to Dillon for a re-build. I finally did that with my own SDB after about a dozen years and mucho thousands of rounds. For the cost of shipping, you can't beat it. ;)

I sent my 15 year old SDB to dillon for a rebuild. They didn't mess around - they just replaced it. The only out of pocket expense was for me to ship to them. Customer service doesn't get much better than that.

after a couple of hundred rounds the machine started binding so bad I could hardly operate the handle

if the machine ever does not operate as normal do not try to force it, further operation cold start to break even more parts - from experience